May 18, 2005

U2 Rules???????

Ok, this one is short. No photos. Just a small rant. I just got finished playing a multiplayer online game called Psychobabble. It is loads of fun if you find the right room, even more fun if they are playing "themes". When you find a good room, invariably there is someone who comes in with a username like "sohott4u" or "hotchikxxx" who will try to "whisper" to you, get a private chat going or something. These people need a life. They always ask "a/s/l?" (for the uninitiated, that means age,sex, location.) (and I'm getting off the subject too) One of the user names was, and I am not making this up,"hotguy425". How original. Does this guy not realise thet there were at least 424 other "hotguy's" before him???
I also cant stand someone with a username that shows that they are way too into any band, tv show, movie franchise. THis person came into the game with the name"U2Rulez". First of all I don't recall Bono and the boys becoming supreme tyrants of earth at any point recently. Second, they've had some great songs, but they don't rule. Third, this person must have had chickenpox the week they teaching his class how to spell "rules" in the second grade.

I couldn't resist, I asked "Did Bono save the world again today?" to which he replied "yep, and you didn't" I said "So, you must still be upset that those people in geneva didn't appoint him as the president of the World Bank then?"
he asked me what I was talking about. I said "you must not be that much of a fan to have missed that bit o' news." Then other people joined in on my crusade against this geek.
As I was leaving the game i left one parting shot: Bono: Is Like superman without a cape, had quite a few hit songs, made a ton of cash, an Irishman who hasn't been arrested for being drunk in public, wears dark shades at all indoor functions, tells world governments how they should run things just because he's rich and pompous, Saving The World One Album At A Time!!! What a hero to have..I wish he was my hero.

if you love bono vox more than anyone in your immediate family and are upset by my rant..... don't read my site anymore.

5 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man,don't hold back. Take a deep breath,now count to 10. Feel better?
Everyone in the civilized world knows they suck.

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since we're on the subject of music and groups. I am willing to bet that you can never guess what my all time favorite song is. You know, the song a person wants played at his/her funeral. I'll give you a hint. It was a big hit in the 60's

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger grumbleghoul said...

my guess is the song you want played at your funeral is "she's so fine"

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's funny. But wrong.
Try again.

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger grumbleghoul said...

Ok, after a little thought: It's my party and I'll cry if I want to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home